Remove Ads

Poll: What do you think of SecuROM?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
SecROM is great! Boo to Software Pirates!
4.55%
1 4.55%
I don't really care. It hasn't hurt me, yet.
22.73%
5 22.73%
I haven't had any trouble with it, but it can't be good!
31.82%
7 31.82%
It's Pure Evil and must be destroyed!
40.91%
9 40.91%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take a Stand:  Say NO to SecuROM!
We need to spread the word about SecuROM!  The official BBS FAQ claims that Sony (the maker of SuckuROM) isn't getting sued because of it.  I say, "They should!"  Be aware of the dangers, and make your opinions heard!

Join the fight against the evil SecuROM!
http://securom.sublimesims.net/
http://securom.mustbedestroyed.org/phorum/index.php

We need to remind EA that games are an optional purchase, they are not a necessity.  We also need to remind EA that we are their customers (not prisoners), and without our money, they wouldn't get any at all.  What do you call a game company with no money?  Out of business.  I'm not buying anything with the newest version of SecuROM, and I encourage everyone to follow suit!

Or, you can go ahead and buy this evil thing and watch closely, as it leaves you vulnerable, and frags your fancy new hard drive.

Your choice.
Yeah DOHC I read that just last night and was going to post about it today, but ya beat me to it. SecuROM sucks.
I have had no real issues or problems with the current SuckuRom, but I DO NOT agree with this new version they are trying to push on us with all their new game releases. Why should we even need to register the damn game online at all? What about all those people that may not have Internet access? EA has really screwed the pooch on this one.
Yeah ill protest against this, sounds like trouble. SuckuROM must be destroyed. Hit em where it hurts, the pocket, as thats all they really care about, money.

REMOVE IT, SUE THEM!
this whole secuROM thing makes the people at EA look like there not even gamers. if they were, the workers would cause a fuss.
Yea, don't mess with the simmers!!!!
The whole sim communitty together could cause Ea Games to go bankrupt so they should listen to the fanbase!
The funny thing about it though is, it's not just the Sims community, it's all those peeps who would buy Mass Effect and Spore, plus any other games EA will infest with SuckuRom. All those combined could really send a message to EA to listen to the fan-base and not just give us the finger and do what they think is best.
"Infest" is a good choice of word, my friend.  We need to reach out to ALL gamers out there, not just Simmers!  If everyone boycotted this dangerous "security" program, EA would have no choice but to scrap it.  I understand the desire to protect one's intellectual property, but the functions of SecuROM go way too far, to the point of damaging the end-users' (that's us) physical property (that's our computers).  Besides, the software pirates will just find a way to remove it, and distribute SecuROM-free hacked versions, anyway.  (It can be done, my uncle has a copy of Microsoft Office 2000 that's so severely hacked, it doesn't even ask for the authentication code at all, not like most hacked stuff he has that you can easily bypass the code by simply clicking "continue" when prompted to enter it.)  If the gaming community speaks in one voice to say, "We don't want this because it can ruin our expensive PC's." by not buying EA's games, they will have no choice but to remove it from their product.
Its not like I sell pirated stuff, I just give it to friends or keep it in case something goes wrong. What do they think we are really gonna do? Sell them on the black market in exchange for AK47s?
I thought when I bought the Bon Voyage EP, it was something wrong with my PC or drive, but when I realised it was to do with the SecuROM thing, I was furious, I COULDN'T EVEN INSTALL IT!! It's got NO RIGHT being on ANY product if the consumer is having issues with it AT ALL!! I agree it should be scrapped and if they want to look at some other SAFER way of protecting their discs, we will be happy to purchase their games in the future. Until then, there are PLENTY of cool games out there WITHOUT SecuROM. I'm loving GTA4. lol.