Remove Ads

Poll: What do you think of SecuROM?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
SecROM is great! Boo to Software Pirates!
4.55%
1 4.55%
I don't really care. It hasn't hurt me, yet.
22.73%
5 22.73%
I haven't had any trouble with it, but it can't be good!
31.82%
7 31.82%
It's Pure Evil and must be destroyed!
40.91%
9 40.91%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take a Stand:  Say NO to SecuROM!
New Forum for the Non Technical people among us, myself included,

http://securom.sublimesims.net/smf/index.php
BOYCOTT SECUROM !! BOYCOTT SECUROM !! EA JUST WANT YOUR MONEY !! EA JUST WANT YOUR MONEY !! IF EA WON'T DELETE THAT SOFTWARE, BOYCOTT EVERY NEW EA GAME THEN !!
OK so Apparently they (EA) have released a patch for FT. I would Suggest that you DO NOT download and install this patch. It is causeing problems with many simmers games and computers, cause the snuck something to do with SecuROM on there and it is not letting people play there games, information Here, Here, and Here
Well, you can boycott it but shouldn't we be thankful for what we have, like the Sims 2? I'm not liking of what I hear about the SecuRom thing but what I hear is not good. Seems like EA/Maxis should listen to the Simmers. I really only know one thing about this - that you need to do stuff every 3 days or something like that. If your going to try and spread the boycott thing, make a site about that and post it here on TSP so people would go to your site explaining SecuRom and why it's not good and so on. I don't think this post/reply helped but good luck on the SecuRom thing. - SimlingtonToday
Ok first off Im not saying to boycott anything, I just want the simmers in the community to know what EA is doing to there computers, mostly without their knowledge, That being said I am grateful to have a game like the sims to play

For some more information about this, EA has gotten rid of the 10 revalidation for the new version of SecuROM, but they are going to keep in in general, along with the fact that you will only be allowed to install it three times, total. So if something happens to your computer, and you have to reinstall the game or you reformat your drive then thats it, you have to buy the game again. Now tell me why I should have to pay $XX.XX for a game more than once. I know that EA is just trying to stop people from illeagely copying their games. But the thing is that there is always a way to do it, no matter how much stuff you have. That is why I am not buying Sims3, Spore, or any number of games that have SecuROM on them

Oh and the two links in my siggy are chock full of info on SecuROM the top one being for the more techy and the bottom for us fools that dont know RAM for a whole in the ground.
Witty0ne Wrote:Ok first off Im not saying to boycott anything, I just want the simmers in the community to know what EA is doing to there computers, mostly without their knowledge, That being said I am grateful to have a game like the sims to play

For some more information about this, EA has gotten rid of the 10 revalidation for the new version of SecuROM, but they are going to keep in in general, along with the fact that you will only be allowed to install it three times, total. So if something happens to your computer, and you have to reinstall the game or you reformat your drive then thats it, you have to buy the game again. Now tell me why I should have to pay $XX.XX for a game more than once. I know that EA is just trying to stop people from illeagely copying their games.  But the thing is that there is always a way to do it, no matter how much stuff you have. That is why I am not buying Sims3, Spore, or any number of games that have SecuROM on them

Oh and the two links in my siggy are chock full of info on SecuROM the top one being for the more techy and the bottom for us fools that dont know RAM for a whole in the ground.
Iy's sopposedly gonna be like microsoft office where you can install it as many times as you like on the same comp but inly on three comps
Yes. That's true. And about the boycott thing, I was talking to THUG LIFE. He was writing BOYCOTT BOYCOTT ETC.. People do copy games and put them online (illegal). Even with SecuRom, I know that there is going to some kind of bad mad person trying to get through the SecuRom thing. I don't think it's bad, but The Sims 2 people should ask people about what they think about this SecuRom thing.
It's like this, there are 3 schools in a good location. Then, they decide to make a liquor store right near one without the city or the schools, parents knowing. This is the same, There putting it on the games without knowledge right?
Thats right SimsLAndHomes, and its not really that they are including something to help stop the piracy, its the fact that it is a malicious software that is doing damage to the customers computers, that in itself should be enough to make EA stop and say "maybe we shouldn't put that there." But they aren't, and I think that is what really "gets my goat". And it is well documented at the BBS that simmers do not like the fact that EA is including SecuROM with the game. There are multiple threads, and petitions against it. And like any large money loving company will do EA is (so far) turning a blind eye to it.
Right now, I've read the BBS stuff saying there hard drive got bad ETC complains. This is just not right. Not telling people about SecuRom. I've heard about BV having Securom but is that true? My sister has SecuRom and we didn't have to do those stuff every 3 days.
Right BV and up does have SecuROM on them, but they are the 'old version" of it and its not as bad, The 3 installs and 10 day validation is with the new version which is set to be included with Sims3 and Spore and all the other EA games that are going to be released in the near future.