Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My View On Car Creators
Please do not let this seem like a moan, It's not, it's merely my view and not meant to offend anyone. But, Is it just me or am I indeed the only one who thinks that car creators that are on a certain site which is not currently active, seem to be spending more time 'tweaking' a website than showing us what their creations are like? If i'm honest, the site was down for nearly a WHOLE YEAR and we put up with that, then it was back up and a couple of cars came out of it, then back down again for a few weeks, WHERE'S THE CARS? do a temp site? Do a countdown? or something but if it were a pay site it would almost NEVER be down. I do however feel saddened that we the public are left with a site that really cannot run with the public in mind, the public put them where they are now! Thankfully we have a hero in the form of FRESH-PRINCE!! whaaay! If he goes the way he does, we WON'T NEED ANY OTHER SITES!! Anyway, I respect and like the site in question, but they could respect their public a lot more, it seems all about control on that site (remember the staff fiasco) Time to think of THE PUBLIC!!
I actually tend to agree with all these statements
I agree a couple of these statements but, the webaster of the site in question(if i no the 1 ur talkin about) has a busy life and can't always keep a website running, now we did have several downsite for the site in question but then we got tired of a forum or sumthin n moved on, but this seems to be a downsite for the site in question because look at how the active user# went up when that site went down....and look at the new creators that have emerged also Vovillia, F-P is making more for us, WittyOne, Viperman's made 1 or 2 cars, im starting to look into cars

thats my opinion n please nobody take a grudge agaist me on it, its just my current 15 yr old mind's view lol
-Blade
I seem to remember these views from someone else but whatever, wont delve into that here or now, not the time NOR is it the place.

Back to your point.

It does seem they are tweaking the website more, well, thats because some moron(s) decided it would be a good idea to hack it TWICE and take it down TWICE. They are trying to fix it, get it back up and it should be open again soon (albeit without people having to register which really is quite sad). Although I do agree with you on the lack of cars, when it was opened there were only a few of them. We were promised at least one a week and that promise wasnt delivered.

Personally, I really didnt care because I hardly ever have time to play the Sims anymore and really just follow this community around, helping out whenever I can and just enjoying the atmosphere cos its just so laid back and friendly. But its not just me and loads of other, hardcore, car loving Simmers were let down. They should have brought more cars out more often. Whether or not they had geniune reasons or not, we will never know. Busy, problems with the meshes or something else that had more importance than a few cars such as family issues or whatever. Its really none of our business.

Hopefully they will bring out these cars sooner rather than later, and for the meantime, we have F-P with his never-ending stream of excellent quality cars, Vov with his amazing tweaks of existing cars, Ribot with his unique Maxis-like cars and WittyOne's tricked out rides to play with. And there are more people dabbling with cars, so more car creators = more cars. So it may look like a bad situation, but really, its actually quite good. Just not as good as it can be.

And for those of you who dont like to read huge walls of text, here is a short summary:

Was it disapointing? - Yes
Can you live without some of S2CS's cars for now? - Yes
Have you been stuck without new cars for the past year? - No

Just my views on this, disagree, agree, whatever, just dont flame please.
I have a hard time disagreeing with anyone, here. Yes, I'm disappointed that a cartain site has failed to deliver the promised car or so per week consistently, but there is a fact behind the site being hacked twice. With F-P's cars showing an ever-increasing level of detail, he's quickly becoming the top car-creator for the Sims2 world, no doubt. I'm not going to get into the power struggle over control of said website, because I wasn't there for that, being online for less than a year (gasp! I'm a noob to the Internet!), so I don't really know what had happened. However, I love cars and The Sims2, so I'm patient with this site, and can forgive problems beyond the control of the staff, such as the hackings. I download what I can, and try to show my appreciation for the stuff I download.
If you think the car creators aren't producing enough or listening to the public,ask your self this question:I paid how much for them to do this?With the exception of the few who donated to the various sites,you really have no place to complain with the creators output.As DOHC46 said,download what you can,and show as much appreciation as you can that these dudes do what they do for little to no pay.
100% With Axel !
I understand that these creators dont have enough time on their hands, but they shouldnt make promises (like 1 car per week) that they cant fufill. Even if they thought they could fufill that at one time, but cant now, thats understandable, but it only takes 5 seconds to make a post that says: "Busy with life and may not be able to upload as promised." Another thing, why dont they upload all the cars, AND THEN open the site. it makes alot more sense and its more effiicent to get to newer cars sooner! Smile
I knew some people would take this out of context. Let me be plain. I am 100% appreciative that we get cars for £0.00. I am in awe of some cars that are produced, and I have tried dabbling in car creation myself and I'm still struggling. (I would like some info on how to convert GTA meshes into 3ds. lol) All I am saying is if someone cannot find time to run a site as popular as that one, fair enough, life is like that, but let someone else take it on. There were promises and the site is down again and were like......erm.....hello? We have no option but to be patient, I am sure it will be up soon, but no communication is the same as bad communication and THAT my friends is what really sucks.
I know this is my first post in a while but I think the creators a working thier best to give us some good quality cars. Tre is trying to fix S2CS right now and I personally understand why he cannot create right now and Fresh Prince is AWESOME and he should continue what he's doing(Thanks for the Mercedes wagon, it's my favorite). They are doing an excellent job and I don't mind waiting a few weeks for a cool new car. People shouldn't complain because we are lucky to have people like F-P, and Tre, and VoVillia, etc. So keep up the good work