Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tutorial Request: Color Shifting Vehicle Paint
Anyone know how to make vehicle paint shift colors? Kinds of like chameleon paint? Thanks in advance!
Only a few of us know how, and good luck getting any of us to spill the beans
Viperman Wrote:Only a few of us know how, and good luck getting any of us to spill the beans

Not trying to be an CENSORED but, why keep it to yourself?  Share the knowledge Smile

I'd prolly keep it to myself tho too so,...  I'll just have to disect some other cars and see if I can figure it out Smile
chaneleon1977 please do no cuss, even if it is used in a form of symbols, this is a warning, if you do it again it will be a temporary ban.
Well since I am the one that figured it out originally, I know just how hard it is to do, That being said, if you want to try and dissect it out of the car you can, but I wish you luck figureing it out. Wink
Witty0ne Wrote:Well since I am the one that figured it out originally, I know just how hard it is to do, That being said, if you want to try and dissect it out of the car you can, but I wish you luck figureing it out. Wink

Well if you must know, I allready have it 99.9% figured out. Just have a few loose ends to tie up Smile

Sorry for the fowl language btw, I wasnt trying to offend anyone, no need to ban me. Wink
chaneleon1977 Wrote:Not trying to be an [jerk] but, why keep it to yourself?  Share the knowledge Smile

I'd prolly keep it to myself tho too so,...  I'll just have to disect some other cars and see if I can figure it out Smile
We keep the secret out of respect for WittyOne, who discovered how to do it. I'm sworn to secrecy. If you figure it out, then congratulations as in order. I might have figured out the metallic before almost anyone else, but the color-shift isn't nearly as easy. Again, good luck, friend. Wink
DOHC46 Wrote:
chaneleon1977 Wrote:Not trying to be an [jerk] but, why keep it to yourself? Share the knowledge Smile

I'd prolly keep it to myself tho too so,... I'll just have to disect some other cars and see if I can figure it out Smile
We keep the secret out of respect for WittyOne, who discovered how to do it. I'm sworn to secrecy. If you figure it out, then congratulations as in order. I might have figured out the metallic before almost anyone else, but the color-shift isn't nearly as easy. Again, good luck, friend. Wink

This is what I've managed so far... I've learned that it doesnt work well with all car mesh's. I'm normally good at this kind of stuff but will admit, this one is tricky. Lots of respect to those that discovered this. If I figure it out, I wont leak it out Smile

[Image: th_movie001.jpg]

Oh and, photobucket butchers videos..... The quality is less than terrible...
OMG!!! I FIGURED IT OUT LAST NIGHT!!!!!! YAY!!!! I KNOW HOW TO DO THAT!!! YAY!!!
I'm keeping my mouth shut in respect to Witty who discovered the technique, and also because if I let the secret out, everyone else will start doing it too, and it will no longer be special

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tutorial Request: Mesh converting... Chameleon1977 25 5,843 10-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Last Post: lucykhloe
  5 Minute Vehicle Recolor with Photoshop CS3 Chameleon1977 0 3,237 06-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Last Post: Chameleon1977
  Tutorial Request: Metallic Recolors... LaredoRV 12 3,459 03-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Last Post: CMW15
  Extended Car Recoloring Tutorial! VOVILLIA 11 3,477 03-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Muppetmad
  interior and tire/wheel recoloring tut request thesimsrule2 4 1,605 02-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Last Post: thesimsrule2
  Request a TuTorial ribot1980 6 2,074 02-24-2008, 08:30 AM
Last Post: thesimsrule2
  Mercedes Benz S600 mesh tutorial Moneybags 3.0 0 1,254 02-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Moneybags 3.0
  EASY REMESHING TUTORIAL ribot1980 2 1,936 01-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Last Post: ribot1980