Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Vehicle Creation Help Thread...
make sure that nothing in the name is Captilized, I spent almost a week one time looking for a problem in a car and I had the name Surface and not surface. and it has to be exact, or else it wont show. one way to see if it is right without starting the game is to click the preview in SimPE GMDC and if the parts are white instead of textured try again.
Witty0ne Wrote:make sure that nothing in the name is Captilized, I spent almost a week one time looking for a problem in a car and I had the name Surface and not surface. and it has to be exact, or else it wont show. one way to see if it is right without starting the game is to click the preview in SimPE GMDC and if the parts are white instead of textured try again.

Ok, nothings capatalized.... the peices that arent showing are white in the preview. Do I need to make a texture for the car before parts will show? I believe its using the sports car texture right now,. Sorry if I sound retarded.

But..
[Image: snapshot_00000005_756da7b1.jpg]

Doors work Smile
well it is getting closer, The only thing I can think is if it isnt textured then you might want to texture it and see if that works, if not then you can send me the file and i will take a look at it and see what is wrong and let you know how to fix it. Other than that i am kinda out of ideas right now.
Witty0ne Wrote:well it is getting closer, The only thing I can think is if it isnt textured then you might want to texture it and see if that works, if not then you can send me the file and i will take a look at it and see what is wrong and let you know how to fix it. Other than that i am kinda out of ideas right now.

I had the files names vehiclesupersportscarnew instead of just vehiclesupersportscar.  Any pointers on how to make a texture file?

[Image: snapshot_00000005_d56dab60.jpg]
just that it might take some time, really just kinda search around the web to find pictures of gauges and tires and the like, just make sure that they are straight on pictures, those are the best kind for textures.
In Milkshape, I forget which tab its under, but select "unhide all" and see if that helps
Witty0ne Wrote:just that it might take some time, really just kinda search around the web to find pictures of gauges and tires and the like, just make sure that they are straight on pictures, those are the best kind for textures.

I have all the original texture files that were originally used in the mesh for GTA, can I convert those to be used? Sorry if I'm being a pain, lol.
yeah you can, you just have to combine them into two different textures, one for the surface and one for the chrome and matte groups. when you get that done you can get the textures where you want in milkshape in the window>>texture coridinate editor. you just have to select the group you want and move and scale the vertexes to the place on the texture where they go.
Witty0ne Wrote:yeah you can, you just have to combine them into two different textures, one for the surface and one for the chrome and matte groups. when you get that done you can get the textures where you want in milkshape in the window>>texture coridinate editor.  you just have to select the group you want and move and scale the vertexes to the place on the texture where they go.

Last question. After I do all the texturing in MS, how do I add the texture file to simPE?
depending on the size, if it is 1024 x 512 then you can just click import and select the file, then right click on the image and select update all sizes, then click commit, if it is bigger then that like 1024 x 1024 or something like that, then click build and enter the new size and import it and update and commit and save.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem making thread aar427 0 927 08-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Last Post: aar427
  Problem Making Thread Jamie69 3 1,534 08-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Jamie69
  Exporting Vehicle MEsh from 3DS Max... Chameleon1977 0 1,046 06-22-2008, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Chameleon1977