Remove Ads

Poll: What do you think of TS3?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I like the new RPG-style gameplay features!
3.13%
1 3.13%
I'm not sure about the new RPG-style features.
6.25%
2 6.25%
I don't think I'll like the new RPG-style gameplay...
9.38%
3 9.38%
I think TS3 will deliver everything and be awesome!
6.25%
2 6.25%
I'm sure some features will get left out.
6.25%
2 6.25%
I'd bet so much stuff is cut out that it will suck...
12.50%
4 12.50%
I MUST HAVE TS3!
0%
0 0%
I might get TS3, if it turns out to be good.
12.50%
4 12.50%
I'm not sold on buying this thing...
25.00%
8 25.00%
Rod Humble is a genius!
0%
0 0%
Rod Humble is corrupting all that is great about The Sims!
18.75%
6 18.75%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think of The Sims3?
By now, I'm sure we've all see news about TS3 and heard the rumors. Now, I'd like to know what everyone thinks or expects! Will Humble's RPG-izing the Sims franchise hurt it or help it? We know he's making significant changes to the gameplay to lure "herd-core gamers" into the franchise, but most Simmers are not the same as a true hard-core gamer, not even me. We also have seen that TS2 has not delivered all of the things we were "promised" by the initial promotional videos, and Spore has been a significant dissapointment to some players as well. Will this trend of EA shortcuts continue? Vote now! You can vote for each sentiment that you agree with.
I'm nowhere near a hardcore gamer either. I liked Sims 2 cos it was a casual, non-competitive game where you're free to do whatever you want and not have to worry about being an "ub3r n00b". Also it was a good alternative to playing racing games all the time, chilled me out. That is what i look for in a game. With the new RPG stuff though, and with it being rumoured to have online features, i can't help but think it will be like Runescape. I really could care less about building skills up like the way RPG's do, so if it does have these things, count me out.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Game was pretty much how it should be, there's no need to start doing massive changes to get more people. By doing this, they will alienate a lot of the Simmers who love the game as it is, people like me and most of you guys on here. And although i barely play the Sims anymore, (don't actually have it installed right now) it doesn't mean i wont get back into it. Once you play it, you have to keep playing it, lol.

Guess it all boils down to how much money they can make though.
Between the charm less graphics(TS2 looks kinda like a cartoon,TS3 looks like a bunch of 3d cad models),the warped gameplay mechanics,and the factors of 1.that it'll probably have SECUrom,2.will cost a ton,3.and require a ungodly powerful computer equals in a slim chance of EA getting my dollars on this one...
Well, I'm gonna wait... I think this money could be better spend on GTA IV PC...
ill probley do what i did when the sims 2 came out i waited about 1 or 2 years then got it
ill buy it anyways but i really like the sims style of the consoles where you directly control your sim i think that would be cool on the pc but who nos, no matter what im buying it just like how i own every game in the NFS series no matter how bad it is
Is there any details if Sims 3 will be created for macs? or only PCs (I have a mac) idk if i will buy the sims 3
LaredoRV Wrote:Well, I'm gonna wait... I think this money could be better spend on GTA IV PC...

Offtopic, but it's a little warning

You shouldn't buy GTA IV on PC. It's horrible, your computer install, without asking you for permission, an old version of Windows Live and you even have to install the Rockstar "Social Club", also if you don't want to or just play single player mode. It has framerate and lagging issues neither. Sad

I suggest you to buy it first when R* made an update.

Just to warn you people. Smile
My boyfriend bought The Sims 3 for me the day it came out. I've been playin The Sims for 10 years now ever since the first one and I must say I'm not impressed. I loved The Sims 2 and I agree that if it isn't broke don't fix it! Pretty much all the sims look related in The Sims 3. Meaning they all look simular! In The Sims 2 there were many different faces and clothing. The body shaping is all weird and all the skinny females are flat chested! I look forward to seeing if any of my fav sim sites will create clothing or objects to make it more fun for me, but if not I'll probably just re-install The Sims2 again. I'm used to the seasons, pets, apartments and all the Sims 2 offered and now it's back to square 1. As far as my laptop running at a slower speed I haven't had any problem with that!
Hi Everyone..

I haven't got Sims 3 and don't have much desire to. Besides I keep reading that most who has the Sims 3 was excited about it pre-release but after it was finally released they been saying they prefer Sims 2 to it.