Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for a sim creator
i am up to learn how to make a sim face. now i know how to use the painting program. my prob is the tut from mts2 http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=169730 says when i am done with the , let me call it base sim , than i need to save it and i will find the face .bmp file in the My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Projects/MyProjectName folder. but this folder is totaly empty. i tried it a few times to save and look into the folder. but no files inside. i am searching for the file of the face like u see in step 3 of the textaturing. any1 can give me a clue where this files can be i searched 2 hours in my whole sim folder but nothing inside like this described file.
As far as I can tell step 3 is setting up a partial face sculpt to match the picture of the subject in question. Step 4 is the exporting of a skin tone to put a face texture on to it. I, as a sculptor, don't usually rely on fake illusions such as this, but rather have the natural shape of the sculpt, coupled with makeup and other content, give the illusion. My goal as a sculptor is to make a face that is recognizable with or with out CC, if I can achieve that then my job was a success.
yes but where is the file of the face. cause with my bad english skills i understood that after i made the base sim in bodyshop i will have a bmp file in my project folder. but it isnt there. dunno why i am not able to read this tutorial right. normaly my english is good enought to understand most things. so i thought i was right that step 3 shows how to clone the pic of the celebrity on the sim bmp face to overlay it. but this file hides infront of me i cant find it. If it will only be a clone effect from picture to simface .bmp than it will be easy to make a sim. and i can make many many german celebrities...and the king of queen couple thats my goal.
What you will need to do is: 1) go into body shop and go to create parts. 2) start a new project (create genetics) choose the skin tone you want to use, if using Custom content, be aware of the creators terms of use, then export it, do not import it again just click the x to exit. 3) the skin tone and its corresponding face texture will appear in the projects folder, from there you should be able to continue with the tutorial. If you need more help let me know and I'll see what I can do.
thats the prob like i said. i did my base sim in bodyshop. i saved the sim. but there is nothing in the project folder. that was my question . i got all expansion packs. may be the tutorial is older than the expansions and the folder changed. but after i save the base sim in bodyshop the project folder is empty
Let me see if I can clarify the issue. The "Base" Sim is the face model you needed to make before texturing (this will only appear in the Sim bin in game). What you now need to do is make the texture file by making a new genetic "part". By using the create parts portion of the body shop, create a new skin tone genetic, this will make the project file the MTS2 tutorial is referring to. I would suggest naming it something easy to find. Exit do not import until the texture is the way you want it.
ahhh now i understand...thats cause i am blond and i need a lil bit time to understand Wink so when i use to create, for example, the skintone in bodyshop, than it will apear in the project folder and i can goon in tutorial. i will try it imediatly. thx so much. now i understand hehe if this works well and easy i will create many sims for this community
1000 kisses
Hey, no problem, just glad I could help.
omg i was so stupid. first i thought the face of a sim is a single file. uhhh i am so stupid. now i see that is logic that the skin is need to make a sim. *bangs head against wall* now u all allowed to laught about me Wink