Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost in Translation
OK, so i just thought of a game. Its pretty simple, what you do is you give someone a sentence, and they have to translate it into a language that is pre-picked, then translate it back to English to see how bad the translator messes up.

This is the site you must use: www.freetranslation.com

So for example:

Translate "Can i get some eggs with that bacon" into Spanish.

You would then translate it into Spanish, then translate what you got back into English, and post it here. You then give someone else a sentence to translate and a language to translate into and they post it etc...

The idea is to see if the sentence still makes sense. Sometimes you get absolute howlers that make you laugh for ages, and sometimes you're left saying "W...t...h...?"

So, Here is the result:

Is able with himself some eggs with that bacon

Its pretty fun if you're really bored. If anyone doesnt understand, post here and I'll try understand more clearly

SO!! here is the sentence you must translate into ITALIAN, then back to Engrish.

Why is my fathers dog sitting on the roof of my car?

Why does my dog fathers sitting on the roof of my car?

Ok, lets see i want my next sentence into FRENCH then back into English.

"I hope this sentence translates to French and back into English without changing"
I hope that this sentence translates to French and of return in the English without changes

my sentence from English to Russian, back to English

"for breakfast i had a cup of tea, and beans on toast"
I hope that this sentence translates to French and of return in the English without changes

try this into German and back:

"Indeed it's a matter of fact that ducks swimming in park ponds explode if they are feeded with old peoples bread."
The one of Psychosim: Actually it is exploded a question of the fact that ducks, floating in park ponds if they are brought with old Leutbrot.

The one of Jamie: For a breakfast I had a cup of tea, and beans on a toast

Now i want you to translate this into dutch, and back of course.

The dog is barking to the cat that sits in the tree.
I changed the sentence in google translate and I got that it changes the whole sentence . I tried more and I found that sometimes google translate changes the whole meaning of the sentences. e.g. The dog barks, the cat who sits in the tree. when I do it as you said it changes the sentences.