Remove Ads

Poll: What do you think of SecuROM?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
SecROM is great! Boo to Software Pirates!
4.55%
1 4.55%
I don't really care. It hasn't hurt me, yet.
22.73%
5 22.73%
I haven't had any trouble with it, but it can't be good!
31.82%
7 31.82%
It's Pure Evil and must be destroyed!
40.91%
9 40.91%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take a Stand:  Say NO to SecuROM!
SimsLAndHomes Wrote:Right now, I've read the BBS stuff saying there hard drive got bad ETC complains. This is just not right. Not telling people about SecuRom. I've heard about BV having Securom but is that true? My sister has SecuRom and we didn't have to do those stuff every 3 days.
No that will be that stupid new securnothin that will be included in ts3 and hopefully not spore, also in mass effect.
Oops! I meant my sister had BV but we didn't have to do the every 3 day things.
yeah with the new securom that will come out with the sims 3, you'll have to stay in contact with the stupid servers or else it will shut down your game, or sumthin stupid like that.
SimsLAndHomes Wrote:Well, you can boycott it but shouldn't we be thankful for what we have, like the Sims 2? I'm not liking of what I hear about the SecuRom thing but what I hear is not good. Seems like EA/Maxis should listen to the Simmers. I really only know one thing about this - that you need to do stuff every 3 days or something like that. If your going to try and spread the boycott thing, make a site about that and post it here on TSP so people would go to your site explaining SecuRom and why it's not good and so on. I don't think this post/reply helped but good luck on the SecuRom thing. - SimlingtonToday
I'm currently working on just such a site. I'll post a thread to let folks know when it's ready. I'm having some setup problems, probably caused by my own inexperience. I'll probably be looking for some staff to help out.
Logging in to play the Sims 3 is probably one of the most stupid ideas i have ever heard. What the hell are EA thinking of? What if someone doesnt have internet access?

Whatever, I'm against this Securocrap. Just pointless.

Need any help on the site, let me know btw.
One concern is that version of SecuROM needs to authenticate the game online, and many player have to turn off their anti-virus just to play Sims2, just because of the load on the CPU.  Sime3 will be a bigger load, to be sure, so more players will have to turn off their anti-viruses than they do now.  (I currently do not have to turn off my anti-virus to play, but some players experience frequent crashes if they don't.)  Turn off anti-virus and go online... sounds brilliant to me.  Brilliant as in NOT.

EDIT:
The only way to stop this thing is to file legal complaints with FTC.
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
I urge ANYONE who has had problems caused by SecuROM to register a complaint right away.  I have been unjustly assaulted by SecuROM when i downloaded some patches for older BioWare games (which EA now owns).  To complete the complaint form, you need some of EA's info, which can be found here:
http://www.hoovers.com/electronic-arts/-...ndex.xhtml

Here are the messages I recieved after patching my "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic" games on my PC.
[Image: KotOR1loaderror.jpg]
I don't even know what Disc Emulator Software is!  I only have software in my PC that came from the manufacturer, plus a few picture editing programs, and my games!  Well, that and Microsoft Office '08...
[Image: KotOR2loaderror.jpg]
I only have one drive! WTF?
O_O they need to fix this
Looks like it's getting fixed, alright. Take a look: http://www.courthousenews.com/2008/09/23/Spore.pdf

Score one for the good guys! (That's us, the PC gamers!)

It doesn't matter to me that we simmers are scoffed at by so-called "hardcore" gamers. All PC game/software users have a right to decide what software gets installed on our hardrives, and what we don't want. SecuROM is a danger to the machine in the way it installs itself, and it invades our privacy. So what that my PC came with Roxio Creator Basic V9. Why should that prevent me from playing a stupid game?!? It shouldn't, and now, EA and their peice of junk DRM software are the focal point on a class-action lawsuit. I hope this will end the SecuROM problem once and for all!