Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you seen a rare car in REAL life ?
Oh, yeah. I forgot you're in the UK. My bad. Wink Which would definately account for "rare" in that area. Not exotic, but rare and still very sucky. It occurs to me that as stupid as H2's are in the US, they are even stupider in the UK, with the even higher fuel prices and relative lack of space, and all. What kind of person buys those things over there?
ummmm....... let me think of an idiot that would buy a useless h2 in the Uk, someone who is compensating for something! A footballer(aka a soccer player) or maybe who is stupider than rich!
I asked one guy in the testing facility about his gas mileage with an H2 and he assured me it was 12MPG, "no more, no less."  He then claimed he got it because he *thinks* that getting the biggest, heaviest vehicle in the world is safer for his wife and child.  I though, either he's blowing smoke up my butt, or he's one ignorant S.O.B.  There are many smaller, lighter vehicles that do as well in a crash, if not better; and can acheive much better fuel economy at the same time.

There still wasn't anything like seeing the classic muscle cars in the summer months... I even saw a "Dukes of Hazzard" General Lee replica.
thesimsrule2 Wrote:ummmm....... let me think of an idiot that would buy a useless h2 in the Uk, someone who is compensating for something! A footballer(aka a soccer player) or maybe who is stupider than rich!

yep, some of the H2's are owned by footballers, all copying the whole 63 inch super shiny rims with diamond encrusted window frames that the rappers do. slight exaggeration but you get the idea. other rides of choice are the lincoln navigator (useless here) cadillac escalade (just as useless here) and the chevy silverado (totally useless here). ego enhancers basically.

The ones i saw were just owned by people trying to look "hip" and "down with the kids" (they were at least 30 acting like teenagers basically). one even had a custom plate which read B055M4N (or bossman), in an american style backing and it had stupid custom lights all over it with an even stupider (yes its a word) bullguard thingy, w/e its called. so not only had he stupidly bought an H2, he made an even bigger mistake of ruining it (even though it comes pre-ruined) with useless mods that wont exactly help his fuel bill.

And theres a bright pink H2 limo that floats around in my town. I cringe everytime i see it, it brings tears to my eyes.

And the H2 is probably one of the worst cars to have a crash in. think i heard somewhere that it disintegrates when it hits something and it doesnt have to pass the same safety regulations that a car does so it doesnt have the whole N-cap 4 star rating thing. its just an overpriced, oversized, over-rated death-trap and a bottomless pit of cash, failure and midlife crisis all rolled into 4 tonne pile of tin and cheap, chocolate box plastic and fake leather and suede in my opinion.
Johnnyfm666™ Wrote:...so not only had he stupidly bought an H2, he made an even bigger mistake of ruining it (even though it comes pre-ruined) with useless mods that wont exactly help his fuel bill.

And theres a bright pink H2 limo that floats around in my town. I cringe everytime i see it, it brings tears to my eyes.

And the H2 is probably one of the worst cars to have a crash in. think i heard somewhere that it disintegrates when it hits something and it doesnt have to pass the same safety regulations that a car does so it doesnt have the whole N-cap 4 star rating thing. its just an overpriced, oversized, over-rated black hole and bottomless pit of cash, failure and midlife crisis in my opinion
Pre-ruined... I like that.  Who the [insert word of your choice] makes a PINK H2 limo?!?  The very though of it makes my eyes water.  I also believe that you are correct about the different sagfety standards for trucks in the US.  I know that all trucks, both light and heavy duty, are exempt from being counted towards a company's Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE).  Given that an H2 has a GVW of 8600lbs, it is classified as a heavy-duty truck, which is why I suspect it is exempt from many safety requirements.  As for them disinegrating in a crash... didn't another member have a pic of an H2 smashed against the back of a bus in his siggy?

BTW - I think this Hummer-bashing is getting Off-Topic...
Well I see many Exotic/Rare cars mostly Ferraris and Bentleys (which i see on a regular basis). once I saw a car that looks like the honda accord and it said Acura on it. I have also seen a few Lamborghinis here and there
I've seen a few Lamborghinis and Ferraris, I saw a Maserati Quattroporte the other day, and a Delorean last week.(I have the smashed Hummer on my sig)
I suspect that the car you saw was an Acura TL.  The newer ones do resemble the Accord, as both are made by Honda.  Oh, I forgot, I once got behind the wheel of a real Rolls-Royce.  THAT was definately an intimidating experience.  The car, even 10 years old at the time, was still worth more money that I'd make in 20 years on the job...
bbg8793 Wrote:Well I see many Exotic/Rare cars mostly Ferraris and Bentleys (which i see on a regular basis). once I saw a car that looks like the honda accord and it said Acura on it. I have also seen a few Lamborghinis here and there
Yep us people of massachusetts do get to see rare cars regularly mostly during the smmmer though because of all the car shows going around that i absolutely love! I can't wait until the big car shoow at endicott in about a month's time. Although the only kinda rare car I've seen was a Ferrari 430 blasting down 95 with a undercover police car following soon, and the cop car was a ford 500, I don't thhink that would ever catch up! EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER, EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER, EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,
into infinity catch up!
thesimsrule2 Wrote:Yep us people of massachusetts do get to see rare cars regularly mostly during the smmmer though because of all the car shows going around that i absolutely love! I can't wait until the big car shoow at endicott in about a month's time. Although the only kinda rare car I've seen was a Ferrari 430 blasting down 95 with a undercover police car following soon, and the cop car was a ford 500, I don't think that would ever catch up! EVER into infinity catch up!
It doesn't have to. NOTHING can out-run Motorola. Tongue

"Dispatch, I need some back-up. Can I get a road block set up on 95? I have a speeder in a red Ferarri, speeds are way over the posted limit..."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Look at The Sims 2 Apartment Life SimsLAndHomes 16 1,974 05-31-2008, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Blade3562