Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tutorial Request: Mesh converting...
DOHC46 Wrote:Yeah, Tre doesn't seem to have time, Monkey has his hands full trying to get his site back up and hasn't uploaded any in a while, Dr. Pixel made some good cars, but he does it for fun, so his car uploads are rare. Looks to me like F-P is the only seasoned creator still working, although there afe a few such as Vov who are learning quickly. Others, like Acehole, Wonkey, Wintermuteai1, and DBCAB do seem to have been abducted by aliens.

I have Milkshape 3d, 3d Studio Max, Wings 3d and blender. I have a basic knowledge of all of them. If someone could make a decent tutorial, I'm sure I could turn out some cars. With all the GTA mesh's out there it shoudnt be that hard. Hardest part would be getting permission to use the mesh. Alot of them that I looked at geve permission in a readme file, they just wanted credit for the original. I bet it would take no more time to make a tutorial than it would to make a vehicle. Actually, if the could just snap a few screenies while they were creating, they could kill 2 birds with 1 stone Smile
Maybe F-P could do that when he'll be working on his next creation... Smile
Psychosim Wrote:Maybe F-P could do that when he'll be working on his next creation... Smile

I was debating on sending him a PM about it. I think I might.
That's actually the best thing to do outside of checking the tut's, I personally would e-mail each and every creator I know to see if they could offer a tut.
impak875 Wrote:That's actually the best thing to do outside of checking the tut's, I personally would e-mail each and every creator I know to see if they could offer a tut.

Outside of F-P, I really dont know to many other creators. Vo is just getting started and I asked him on his site. Who else is there?
You also need Z-Modeler, that extracts the DFF files from GTA
Johnnyfm666™ Wrote:You also need Z-Modeler, that extracts the DFF files from GTA

I have scoured the internet for Z-Modeler and cant find any download sites. They are all 404 errors now. I have a plug in for 3DS max but it only works with half the mesh's I try. Do you know where I can get a copy of Z-Modeler?
I got your email Chameleon.

Regarding converting GTA cars, I don't know how to do that.

As for the tutorial, I've had my share at attempting tutorials, and every time I try to do a tutorial, I fail. It's just so hard for me to explain things. What I write doesn't come out to how I intend things. I dont know what else I could try. Maybe I could video tape myself making a car, though it'd have no writing or guidance, just a video of my desktop.
Fresh-Prince Wrote:I got your email Chameleon.

Regarding converting GTA cars, I don't know how to do that.

As for the tutorial, I've had my share at attempting tutorials, and every time I try to do a tutorial, I fail. It's just so hard for me to explain things. What I write doesn't come out to how I intend things. I dont know what else I could try. Maybe I could video tape myself making a car, though it'd have no writing or guidance, just a video of my desktop.

How about this.. I've been working with a few thigns in 3DS Max and in Milkshape. What if I just ask a few questions here and there until i eventually figure things out? I'm good with tutorials so, if I can learn this myself, I'd gladly write one.
Sure, I'll see what I can do.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tutorial Request: Color Shifting Vehicle Paint Chameleon1977 13 3,991 06-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Chameleon1977
  Tutorial Request: Metallic Recolors... LaredoRV 12 3,459 03-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Last Post: CMW15
  Extended Car Recoloring Tutorial! VOVILLIA 11 3,477 03-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Muppetmad
  interior and tire/wheel recoloring tut request thesimsrule2 4 1,605 02-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Last Post: thesimsrule2
  Request a TuTorial ribot1980 6 2,074 02-24-2008, 08:30 AM
Last Post: thesimsrule2
  Mercedes Benz S600 mesh tutorial Moneybags 3.0 0 1,254 02-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Moneybags 3.0
  EASY REMESHING TUTORIAL ribot1980 2 1,936 01-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Last Post: ribot1980