Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Vehicle Creation Help Thread...
[Image: rx7_oops.jpg]

All my mesh's are renamed corectly and imported into simPE...  I should have my sim sit in it, might be good for a laugh..

Back to the drawing board.  Any suggestions would be great (other than "Give Up!")

EDIT:
Changed the name of this thread to something that fit better. Thanks upfront to all those who have took a moment to answer my ongoing questions.
I honestly dont know what happened :/
Fresh-Prince Wrote:I honestly dont know what happened :/

Well, I just figured out that Milkshape shrinks the mesh names after so many characters. I'm going to try to rename the mesh's in 3D Studio max and re import them.
Oh, I think you could just edit the names in SimPE.

Go to the GMCD and click on groups to edit the names.
ouch, looks like some things got lost in the importing... if you do manage to sort it all out, you could use that as a garage extra lol, like "rebuilding of an RX7" Big Grin
...Free Time Restorable Car ? lol
Good one, Laredo! Seriously, It looks like a good start. The problem will probably turn out to be something silly, so I would never suggest "Give up!" You've gotten farther than I ever did!
DOHC46 Wrote:Good one, Laredo!  Seriously, It looks like a good start.  The problem will probably turn out to be something silly, so I would never suggest "Give up!"  You've gotten farther than I ever did!

The only reason I've got this far is because I've asked a TON of questions, lol. I've also literally sat at my PC untill almost 2:30am the last couple of nights doing the same thing over and over again until I got it right. Long way to go tho Smile
from what I can tell from the pic it looks like a naming issue to me, like you got some of the names wrong. and maybe the texture looks a little off too, if you need any help just ask, I will do what I can to see some more cars in the game.
Witty0ne Wrote:from what I can tell from the pic it looks like a naming issue to me, like you got some of the names wrong.  and maybe the texture looks a little off too, if you need any help just ask, I will do what I can to see some more cars in the game.

I definately need help texturing my cars and UVmapping.  Thanks for all the advice thus far Smile

EDIT:
[Image: snapshot_00000005_b56da2f1.jpg]

Glass is working now.
But nothing from the _matte (interior, tires) or _chrome (wheels) groups is showing yet... any ideas?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem making thread aar427 0 927 08-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Last Post: aar427
  Problem Making Thread Jamie69 3 1,534 08-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Jamie69
  Exporting Vehicle MEsh from 3DS Max... Chameleon1977 0 1,046 06-22-2008, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Chameleon1977