Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attention please
Star 
Effective immediately, please do not post in the downloads section unless you include a file.  Links to other sites will no longer be allowed.  I do this because we are not an Advertising firm.  There were alot of threads that lead people away from this site.  And while I like everyone else to get there cars downloaded as well,  it doesnt need to be done in the downloads section.  If you want to tell everyone here about the newest release at another site then do so in the Off Topic area.  

That being said,  I have cleaned the the Vehicle section,  and left alot of the linked content there.  please in the future  take the time to attach the file and a couple of pics,  they are moderated,  but I or one of the Super Admins will approve them asap.  

Thanks

~Witty0ne~
Fantastic Rule Witty...
100pts. Big Grin
We needed to bring this up. It is silly to send folks to other sites when we can host creations right here. I want to clarify that direct download links (such as RapidShare and such) are permissible. Download posts with a link to another site (such as MTS2) will not be validated. Thanks for everyone's cooperation!
very good rule.
Thanks for posting this
DOHC46 Wrote:We needed to bring this up.  It is silly to send folks to other sites when we can host creations right here.  I want to clarify that direct download links (such as RapidShare and such) are permissible.  Download posts with a link to another site (such as MTS2) will not be validated.  Thanks for everyone's cooperation!

The one issue I have with this, mostly pertaining to Sim uploads, is that hair, skin, and clothing meshes, or textures, that may be used, come from other creators in some cases. Most mesh/texture makers either don't want the mesh included or want credit given and a link to the item. In most cases this is just common courtesy, and some creators do get upset over this. I can understand the whole linking to a site with a car that should be posted here and not just a way to direct you to the creators site just to dl the thing. I do try and post a full file linked to a file share site but the link usually dies is there is no traffic, so I link to all the parts too.
Links to content included in a file are fine. I understand that most creators dont want their creations included. and you can upload the file directly to the site, it is just put into the moderation que. But as soon as one of the Admins sees it we will approve it. Hope this helps.
Kwillag brings up a good point. You own creation need to be uploaded. Links to stuff included in the pic that's not yours to upload IS OK, as WittyOne says. I don't want any creators angry with us, after all. A suggestion, you may want to also include a stripped-down version of a sim without such things in a pic, so the downloader knows what it will look like without the not-included CC. Of course, this is optional, but if there is stuff shown that isn't included, links and indicvations about what those things are will be very much appreciated! I hope this clears up the matter.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ATTENTION mzcool 12 2,135 03-23-2009, 12:40 AM
Last Post: mzcool