Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driveway Twist for Dummies
Here's the outcome of my research (NOTE: only extensions can be placed twisted! Every time I say driveway, I mean driveway extension!):
To make a driveway change its direction, first open the cheat box (Ctrl + Shift + C) and type in "moveobjects on".
Now you are able to change tiles of the road.
[Image: dw1.jpg]
Delete or change one of the tiles marked red here. When you go to build mode and select the driveway extension now, it will appear twisted!

But wait! That's not the whole trick:
[Image: nhview.jpg]
As you can see in this neighbourhood shot, all driveways will turn the same direction.
This also means that on one of four lots you won't see a change because the twisted driveway has the same direction as the default one!
Well, how to know if you're on the right lot to get the twist you want?
You can use the shadow of the mailbox as indicator! Big Grin
[Image: dw2.jpg][Image: dw3.jpg]
[Image: dw4.jpg][Image: dw5.jpg]
See it?

Attention!
The twist a driveway will do is determined by the first placement of a lot! It won't change after that, no matter how often you twist the lot in neighbourhood.
This also means you can only have two directions of functional driveways per lot: the default and the twisted.

To add straight driveway afterwards without losing your progress, go to neighbourhood, move your lot somewhere else and enter it again.
This way the game will recreate the street with the tile you deleted, and new driveways will appear straight again.

Summary:
- Before putting any effort into the house, make sure the driveways twist will be the one you want! That can't be changed later! Use the shadow of the mailbox as indicator.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + C and enter "moveobjects on".
- Delete or change one of the tiles at the very corner of the lot.
- Place your twisted driveways! Smile
- For straight driveways afterwards, got to neighbourhood, place the lot somewhere else and enter it.

Additional infos and suggestions:
If you don't already have it, I suggest you to download the invisible driveway by roddyaleixo available here (mts2) It makes possibilities endless and is especially useful for street parkings.
For the street parkings, I tested with calling several services like pizza, craftsman or taxi.
Your car on the street won't keep them from ariving, but they will only pop up without the driving animation. Apart from that they work fine.
If only one tile of the driveway is on the road the NPC cars won't be blocked.
[Image: noblock.jpg]
However, when you have a car parking in front of your house, you won't need a taxi, car pool or school bus. So that doesn't matter at all for that side of the road. Wink
The car featured in the screenshots is Ribots Smoogo Medima Station.
Driving animations of your car:
Part of them work. There's no animation for parking in backwards or wheeling around if you parked at the opposite street side. So in most cases your car will disappear and then appear again in front of the mailbox, leaving the lot to the default direction. When it comes back, it will just pop up.
You can make your experiments which placement works best, there won't be errors.
thanks im going to go try that
Nice ! I was looking for a easier way to find the sun direction !
me too ! thanks 4 dis tutorial Smile